Shawn Dill – CEO
Dr. Shawn Dill is a 1995 graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic. For eight years Dr. Dill practiced in the country of Costa Rica, where along with establishing what many consider to be the largest upper cervical practice in the world, he also authored the law that regulates the practice of chiropractic in the country
Since returning to the United States, Dr. Dill has become a noted authority in Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractic, as well as consulting on marketing, sales and entrepreneurship strategies for service professionals He is the CEO of *The Specific Chiropractic Centers www.thespecific.com, a franchise, which now operates multiple Knee
Chest Upper Cervical Specific clinics across the U.S.
Dr. Dill has completed his certification with Michael Port, author of the best-selling book, Book Yourself Solid, and as a Certified Book Yourself Solid Coach, offers his consulting services and workshops to empower service professionals of all types to get booked solid!
Dr. Dill is also a past member of the faculty at Life Chiropractic College West, having served as the Director of the Institute for Advanced Care in Chiropractic as well as a past The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, he has also served as the Chair of the Council on Upper Cervical Care of the International Chiropractors Association.
He continues to be highly sought as a speaker, making numerous
international appearances each year. Dr. Dill has been featured on international radio and television programs. Dr. Dill’s impassioned messages of health, ethics and integrity-based practices motivate doctors and lay-people from around the world.
Why BDC Prep School?
When I was in school, I went a little crazy. I found myself in what seemed like every seminar, workshop, online program, mastermind, student club, group, doctor class, and social media community possible. I was searching for the magic bullet in a coach or online program to help me powerfully, confidently, and authentically open my practice.
In this search, I felt like I was losing myself. I felt like I had to become something else that didn’t resonate with my values just to be successful. I was overwhelmed, stressed, and lost (those of you who are students or recent grads may know that feeling).
I knew I needed something to support me in my entrepreneurial development. Being an athlete, a coach or accountability group has always been a foundational element of my success. Top performers in any industry would agree, right? And at the same time, I didn’t want to give up my identity, my personality, my energy, and my authenticity.
And then I was introduced to Black Diamond Club (thanks to my good friend and colleague Dr. Mike Merkt). Thank GOODNESS.
Upon joining just before graduation, I’ve been able to create the practice of my dreams in just 2 years. And it’s only just beginning. I’ve been able to
- Exceed 6 figures in gross collections each year of business
- Pay off over $40,000 of business/school loans in 18 months
- Pay MYSELF every month of practice since I’ve opened (plus an average $900 + BONUS/PROFIT every quarter)
- Fill a practice with people I LOVE to serve (and who love our care – and PAY a premium WITHOUT a discount)
- Take time OFF from practice to work ON the business at growth seminars and vacation (and sustain the practice at the same time!)
- Build my stats to a wellness/lifetime care practice; Currently our office averages sit at
- Over 18% growth each year in business
- Average Office Collections – $15,362.46 (highest at over $21,000)
- BTW – we are %100 CASH office that practices a tonal model of chiropractic care (average visit ~ 8min)
- Average weekly visits – 79
- 3.5 days of adjusting
- Invest $9,000 yearly to coach privately with Dr. Lacey Book (currently, totaling over $22,000 invested into coaching and BDC workshops to continuously OWN the principles in practice and in life)
All because I’ve been able to strategically and authentically implement the principles of BDC into my practice and my life. I’m not afraid to share my stats as I know they are continuing to grow every week, ever month, every year. Yes, there are people in the BDC community whose stats outweigh mine. Yet, we have to remember that success is individually defined. Some people want to see 1000 visits per week. Others may prefer more time off. Some may have 3-minute appointments, others 20. What matters MOST is how your life matches up to how you own definition and idea of success.
AND…I realized that wasn’t true for everyone in the BDC community. I think we’d all agree (if you tune into the BDC online community and listen to the podcasts) that Shawn and Lacey OVER deliver on content. Sometimes it can feel like a fire hose (of awesomeness, of course).
When new members would join, I’d ask how things were going. Many people shared how much they loved the principles, but sometimes had a hard time knowing where to start and how to implement in a way that made sense. They shared how they really resonated with the principles, and yet were not quite ready to coach with Shawn or Lacey. They wanted to “figure out the BDC principles first.”
I can’t blame ‘em, right? I think we’ve all felt that way when it comes to understanding the elements of our mentors first before we dive first into coaching.
And thus – the birth of BDC Prep School…designed to help you systematically and authentically bridge the gap between principles to practice.
So what exactly IS BDC Prep School?
And HOW does it work?
This work is a long game, meaning, once you learn it and own it, you practice applying theses elements of success over time. Your key to success in this program (and honestly life) will come down to 3 basic concepts:
- Repetition (with proper form, structure, and alignment)
- Implementation and Integration (setting aside time to do the work)
BDC Prep School is designed to walk you through the most vital principles of BDC, stepby-step, module-by module. Not only will you be guided through with biweekly modules, but also resources, materials, and homework (yes, you do the work here) that will supplement your process. Modules will include BDC principles such as:
- Developing your “Stand For Statement”
- Creating your community AHSTIPTO (or as we say the “ASH-TIP-TOE”)
- Event planning and creating
- Finding, defining, and attracting your ideal client
- Owning your Target Market
- Relationships, Distribution Channels
- Networking 3.0
- Mindset with money and beyond
- Internal/External Marketing
- Authentic Sales
- Designing your office energy and culture (a place your clients never want to leave!)
- 21 Meditation Series (created by Dr. Mel for people who DON’T mediate and are curious to start)
- And SO much MORE (PLUS awesome bonus materials)
Modules will be distributed biweekly (2x per month) so you have time to watch the videos, do the homework, and implement/integrate it into your life in a time-efficient way. It is your responsibility to carve out time for this work (we suggest 30min – 1 hour per week to review and practice new content AND review previous modules to continuously strengthen your principle muscles).
Modules will include the BDC principles shared in our community. You will be able to “Listen to One Voice” (as we say in BDC) and apply the principles in an easily digestible format and improved structure supporting you along the way.
Remember, consistency + repetition + proper form (i.e. alignment) overtime = positive transformation (and magic, of course). It’s really that simple.
How do I know if it’s for me?
This program may be for you if…
- You are new to the BDC community and not sure where to start when it comes to all these principles you hear Shawn, Lacey, and the community discuss
- You are a student or recent graduate and looking for some more focused guidance on how to build a strong foundation from the beginning
- You are a new doctor and looking to bridge the gap between principle talk to practice implementation and action
- You feel overwhelmed in the planning process of your practice
- You feel you need more structure in the BDC community and a HOW TO, Step by Step guide in principle implementation
- You have thought about coaching with Shawn and Lacey, but maybe aren’t quite there yet
- You are hiring associates and want them to feel as confident as you do with the BDC principles
- You have friends in BDC that need additional guidance because you simply just don’t have time to explain it to them (but of course, you want them to be successful!)
- You have been in BDC for a while and still feel lost and are ready to own it!
- You learn better through video format compared to audio (i.e. podcasts)
- You have a growth mindset
- You value opportunity and community
- You just really like Dr. Mel J
This program is NOT for you if…
- You aren’t committed to doing the work
- You aren’t committed to setting aside TIME for yourself and this work
- You don’t’ want to grow and be successful in your OWN authentic way
- You aren’t willing to invest in yourself and the success of others in the community
- You are closed off to feedback, ideas, acknowledgment, and suggestions from others to help you succeed
So what happens AFTER I work through all the modules?
There is always a next level, an expansion of self. It’s a principle of life. Trees forever expand their branches towards the sun until the moment they die. We are no different. We hope that you continue to review the modules, as they really are foundational principles to keep practicing overtime to build the business you truly desire. I’ve been part of BDC for almost 3 years and to this day, I STILL practice these principles. I invite you to ask others in the community as well! What’s AWESOME about this program is that upon purchase, it’s yours! Forever. It never expires, it never goes away.
AND…we all know as we grow, as our business grows, so does our desire for new levels of support and guidance. My intention through this program is that you internally OWN these principles and you see the outward effect in your personal life, your business, your finances, and most of all your confidence. Here is what others have moved into post-BDC prep school….
- Deeper engagement with the BDC community (i.e. creation of accountability partners with others in the community)
- Private Coaching with Shawn or Lacey (because you’re successful and making more money and you can afford them now…YAY!)
- Private Coaching/Group Guidance with Mel
- Billion Dollar Mission
OK, I got the logistics. So how much is this going to cost me?
Early Adopter Rate – $347
(Normally priced at $695 or two payments of $375)
- That’s it! Once you purchase, it’s yours. No monthly payment, no hidden fees. Pretty simple, right? Overtime there will be improvements and updates to this course. With this, the initial cost will increase so if it feels like a good fit, we encourage you to jump in at the early adopter rate and get started!
How to get the MOST out of BDC Prep School
My ASK from you…
- Be of integrity.
- Being that you will have access to documents, videos, and other resources, I ask that you please keep it within our prep school (i.e. don’t share this content with others). You have invested your time, money, and energy into this program so I encourage you to invite others to do the same so they can get the TRUE value. As Lacey says, be a PREple person, not a FREEple person.
- Some bonus materials include examples of paperwork, marketing materials, forms, etc. that I have created. If you choose to repurpose (in fact I INVITE you to), all I ask is not forget to upgrade it to your own business (logo, wording, titles, etc.).
- Do the work.
- As I mentioned, you will have homework. I’m not asking you to write a 20-page thesis. I AM asking you to dedicate 30min to 1 hour (or more if you desire) a week to sit down for yourself and go through this. You will get the most out of this program by being fully present (i.e. not listening in your car or at the gym). This was my issue at first. I wasn’t making TIME to integrate and implement. I would listen to the podcasts on a walk or at the gym but fail to actually sit down and DO it. Plus, I learn better with video, pen, and paper.
- Stay engaged.
- Do NOT be afraid to ask questions or share ideas. You’d be surprised at how often people hold back sharing because of their fear of judgment or feeling of isolation. So many of us are going through the same challenges (and success!) in business. Yet we don’t connect to support each other in sharing ideas of how to move through it powerfully. You will get out of this what you put in…remember the GIVE before the GET.
- This is another reason why we have limited each launch of Prep School to a specific number of people so you can feel connected to a more intimate group and not so overwhelmed while learning these principles.
- *If at all you feel lost, overwhelmed, confused…remember we as the BDC community are with you every step of the way. Don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Be open.
- One of the challenges I believe people have with owning the BDC principles is their ability to be open to actually putting the principles into ACTION. I know that some of this may be totally different, new, and maybe even weird to some of you. AND if we keep doing the same things, we will continue to get the same results. So be open to new ideas, new actions, new behaviors that have helped hundreds of others in this community access extraordinary success in their very own authentic way.
- Have FUN!
- Have FUN doing this work. Remember – you’re building the foundation of a legacy. These are principles you can apply to literally ANYTHING. Once you own these, you have the power to improve your current business and/or start new ones (like I did with BDC Prep School J ).
Yours in success and authenticity,
Dr. Mel Krug
Lacey Book – COO
Dr. Lacey Book graduated Cum Laude from Life Chiropractic College West.During her internship at the Institute for Advanced Care in Chiropractic, she received additional advanced, post-doctorate training through the “That Something” Coaching Program making her a part of a select group of chiropractors providing Knee Chest Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractic Care. She has also completed The Art of the Specific to further her expertise in the technique.
Dr. Book also works with her husband, Dr. Shawn Dill, helping service professionals reach more people through marketing, sales and mindset strategies. They do this through their group, The Black Diamond Club. Dr.Book also is a coach to many service professionals that are just getting their businesses off the ground.
She is also known for being a co-host to the El Salvador Outreach Program, which is dedicated to serving the people of El Salvador through yearly trips to provide care, the establishment of a chiropractic college and the
establishment of a chiropractic law. Every year thousands of Salvadorans are provided care and educated about chiropractic. This has since expanded to other countries such as Mexico and the Philippines.
Upon graduation, Dr. Book took over The Specific Chiropractic Center in Dublin. She is also the COO of the chiropractic franchise, The Specific Chiropractic Centers, that operates 16 clinics from Kauai to Boston.
Dr. Lacey Book is an Amazon best-selling author for his book co-authored with Dr. Shawn Dill titled, “None of Your Business: A Winning Approach to Turn Service Providers into Entrepreneurs.”
She is highly sought as a speaker, making numerous international appearances each year. Her passion and desire to allow the opportunity for every man, woman and child in the world to get checked for vertebral subluxation drives her to be highly involved in creating initiatives that will affect the lives of many for years to come.
Billy Chow – Director of BDC Australasia
Billy Chow serves as the lead instructor in Australasia. He has an incredible track record of success in building service based businesses. He
has owned and operated chiropractic clinics in both Melbourne and Adelaide as well as a very strong book of business as a finance broker. As a mentor he is passionate about helping health practitioners and service professionals grow and sustain a profitable business. Dr. Chow has served as a governor for the Australian Spinal Research Foundation and the Chiropractic Association of Australia and makes numerous international
speaking appearances each year.
Want to learn how to scale and run a successful business? Billy will teach you how.